Elijah and the Lions | Raison d’être
F#, B, C#/G#
I’m afraid to write about bands that I like
For fear of seeming that I am appealing to a fanbase that I
Would like to belong to, would like to report to, and at the end
Of the day, I wouldn’t feel ashamed of knowing I was playing a dirty game
No, that’s not me, I don’t really care what you think
Fuck you, fuck you, fuck you, fuck you, fuck you, no, fuck me
I’m sorry, it’s just the mood swings, it’s taken years and years
Of in-depth testing to find that my brain don’t quite work properly
And I’m sorry to everyone and everything
For my disability in doing normal people things
Like talk on the phone, or go outside
Or maintain friendships, get a job, or the simple task, to be alive
And in the context of society I’m coming to terms
With the fact that I, the fact that I, the fact that I
Just might be worth nothing
Chris Rubio - “Lover’s Spit”
You can’t dislike this song okay
Sunday Night Playlist
….Aaaand we’re back! I needed a bit of a break yesterday but I’m back with a vengeance! And what better way to come back than with a kick-ass Sunday Night Playlist. I truly love indie girl bands so I was super excited to hear Haim. If you like First Aid Kit then I’m pretty sure you’ll like Haim. Also, The Terror Pigeon Dance Revolt is a super fun and crazy band - what you would expect from a band with a name like that1 OK, on to the tunes!
battle born | teen wolf | stiles stilinski
1. Flesh and Bone -The Killers | what are you afraid of? and what are you made of?
2. Warrior - Foxes | i’ll keep you safe tonight ’cause i’m a warrior
3. King and Lionheart – Of Monsters and Men | creatures lurk below the deck / but you’re the king and i’m a lionheart
4. Lonesome Dreams – Lord Huron | i’m dreaming again of a lonesome road / where I’m lost and I’ve got no friends
5. Where the Fence is Low – Lights | the fear that contains / that binds like a blessing
6. Tightrope – Alex Clare | don’t start to count the costs, / just go and begin again.
7. You Are Young - Keane | try to pay no mind, try to pay no mind at all / to all the things that you don’t know
8. It’s Time – Imagine Dragons | the path to heaven runs through miles of clouded hell right to the top
9. This River is Wild – The Killers | you better run for the hills before they burn
10. Heartbeat – The Fray | i got the kerosene and a desire
11. Terrible Love – Birdy | it takes a while to settle down my shivered bones / wait til the panic’s out
12. Six Weeks – Of Monsters and Men | alone, I fight these animals.
13. Battle Born - The Killers | when they knock you down / you’re gonna get back on your feet
| download |
| also on LJ |
Lana Del Rey - Blue Velvet
basically, lana del rey puts out a song or whatever and i think i don’t care about it at all but then there’s a visual treatment and i get really into it (case in point, this song that i did not care about 3 minutes ago) and then i forget about it again a week later.
listen to this song and cry forever
this song is about suicidal girls and losing your virginity. it’s also the only fully acoustic song on my new album. you can listen to the rest of the songs right here.
to see you alive
you can’t be by yourself
you can’t be by yourself
they kept you in the dark
in a room with nothing sharp
until you were well
you told me that you were so
scared of what they know
but love isn’t afraid
love is using your first name
in the poems that I wrote
follow me to a home
abandoned at the shore
there’s a story on the walls
written in marker across the halls
that you’ll adore
and no one can see us now
like the sun behind the clouds
lets grab a drink for lunch
and wash out the taste of blood
from our guilty mouths
when you stepped into the light
I saw it running down your thighs
and thought what a beautiful sight
to see you alive
I really dig flatsound, and I’ve listened to this song about 200 times so I figure it’s time you all have a listen
Kathleen Hanna talking about Kurt Cobain and covering “Teen Spirit”.
Waiting for This - Hanson
Get a free download from Hanson’s website.
Their new album comes out soon, and the songs that I’ve heard from it are fantastic. Seriously. Listen. ^
OMG. It is really good.